Sunday, April 24, 2011

Ok Fine I Guess You Can Call Me Snoopy

I went to the birthday party of one of my humans last weekend. It was the Elder Human's birthday and it was a surprise party. I've never heard of surprise parties before, but since I've been a part of the human family for almost 2 weeks now (my big 130 pound black lab brother, Buddy, still won't claim me...) I was invited to tag along for the festivities.

It was a fun night--I got to meet a lot of people and I even met a white and orange English Setter named Callie. She's a rescue dog who was found floating on ice in Lake Michigan in February before I was even born, so someone took a boat out and brought her to shore and gave her a new home. She really liked me and I had fun chewing on her long orange ears!

I was held and petted and cuddled by at least 40 people! Humans really seem to dig me for some reason. (I still can't convince them to call me Cornholio though... what up with that people???)



I didn't really like being held by one guy with dirty fingernails though, so I cried to my blonde human to rescue me. She DID right away! She's a good human---cuddles me a lot and lets me play in grass, and she sneaks me little treats and gave me a teddy bear to sleep with. I like that blonde human a lot.


I watched people eat dinner and sing "Happy Birthday" and eat cake...I think they may have been drinking a little, too, because they were awfully silly!

By the time the presents were being opened I was exhausted from all the people-love and I fell sound alseep in my blonde human's lap.




After about an hour of staying safely on the human's lap, she tucked me into my own little space with my teddy bear so everyone would leave me alone and let me sleep, but she kept checking in on me to make sure I was ok.

By the time I woke up it was early morning and I was back home! Wow, I was tired!

So I learned some more new things....about parties, and people, and rescue dogs, and presents! I really like presents a lot! They come in paper and have ribbons that are really exciting to play with! Presents are definitely the 2nd favorite thing, after grass in the lawn, that I've learned about in my 8 weeks on the planet! I can't wait to learn more!